Statement of faith
The agreed Statement of faith of member churches is the Apostles Creed.
"Religious Education means learning to understand and appreciate the beliefs by which people live, as an aid to the development of the student’s own beliefs and values. While acknowledging that there are other views of life that would have a place in religious programmes, we believe it is appropriate in New Zealand to give particular emphasis to the Christian faith, the Bible, and the life and teachings of Jesus, because of their pervasive influence through our cultural heritage and history, and their continuing power and relevance."
These denominations are currently members of CEC:
- Assemblies of God
- Christian Churches of New Zealand
- Associating Churches and Ministries of New Zealand
- Christian Brethren
- New Life
- The Salvation Army
- The Wesleyan Methodist Church
- The Christian Covenant Church NZ
- The Catholic Church has observer status.
We also maintain strong relationships
with organisations such as:
- Laidlaw College
- Bible Society
- Children’s Bible Ministries
- Scripture Union